Before you get started, make sure you have all required hardware.
1. Raspberry Pi 4, Model B
- Minimum: 2GB RAM
- Recommended: 4GB RAM
Search raspberrypi.com to find an approved Raspberry Pi reseller.
Subscribe to the following Github issues to track support for other boards.
2. Power Supply
- 5.1V / 3.0A DC output
- 96-264Vac operating input range
Inadquate power will impact the quality of your prints and limit PrintNanny's ability to catch defects.
The official Raspberry Pi 15W USB-C Power Supply is recommended.
PrintNanny is known to work with the following cameras:
- Raspberry Pi Camera Module 2 (IMX219)
- Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera (IMX477)
Do you have a camera not listed above? No problem!
Reply to this Github issue to request support for your camera..
- Minimum: CPU heatsink
- Recommended: heatsinks CPU, USB, ethernet, and RAM chip
For help installing the heatsinks, check out How to Install Heatsinks on the Raspberry Pi 4.
5. Micro SD card
- Minimum: 10MB/s write speed
You'll need an SD card with UHS speed class 1 or UHS speed class 3.
6. USB to SD card adaptor (optional)
If your computer doesn't have SD card slot, you'll need a USB to SD card adaptor.